Oh, as intro, kena la cakap what kind of work I do kan? I'm now a management trainee.
Apa management trainee(MT) tu?
1. Oooo...yang dekat 7-11 tu eh?
2. Yang kat call center eh?
3. Macam intern la eh? Dapat allowance ke?
Ni lah yang org cakap bila saya cakap saya MT.
When I first time dengar MT pon masa kat career fair at Mid Valley but that one under Aeon Co. a.k.a Jusco. Most company ada MT. Depends to the company, for what position they want to groom their MTs. They will receive trainings to make sure they are prepared for their jobs, mostly for 1-2 years. MTs will rotate divisions/department so that the management can assess them and later, put them in division which they performed well or choosed. Depends kat management la, sebab good performance or sebab division tu byk kosong lagi. Ada company panggil MT programme, ada panggil graduate programme, young leadership programme etc. Baru jumpa CIMB, they called it as Complete Banker Programme.
FOR ME,
I am under investment team. So I will rotate in investment team only; equity, fixed income, dealing. It's a one year training. Baru 3 months training in equity division and I did stock research on Philippines port. Other MTs did research on other sectors & countries. Bro, rasa intimidated kot! Selama belajar ni, kita study dengan org yg sama level kan. Mana campur PhD student dengan undergrad student. Semua ada experience in the company. Luckily, we got buddy system. A colleague/buddy is assigned to each MT to help us in our research. They've been very helpful to us! Just last week, I did presentation about my stock research in front of CIO, Head of Equities, Fund Managers & Analysts. Fuhhh, relieved! Luckily CEO had a meeting that day, sumpah gigil kalau dia attend =_=
Free snacks!
For my company, we are groomed to be a dealer(for dealing) or investment analyst(for fixed income or equity). Oh, there's also MT programme in finance department. For the time being, I'm happy with it. I'm not even half way in this programme, but I'll update insyaAllah hihi.




2 comments:
Thanks for updating your blog Wahidaaaah. Hilang sikit kerinduan. :') Hehe. Please do enjoy worklife as much as possible, find joy in the little things if not the big ones. :D You can do it inshaAllah!
U are thanking me??haha. No problem, selalu nak update blog tapi I took almost 1 hour to produce one, so asyik postpone/ write a short one. Balik melaka je ade mood nk update.hehe.. insyaAllah, will do.Thanks aneesah! ;)
Post a Comment